Reducing Stress and Inflammation in your Life!
Wouldn't it be great to return from the doctor's office with a prescription that included regular massages, doing yoga, taking a warm bath and a directive to make your home a cozy and inspiring place?
These are all healthy ways to reduce stress in your life. Reducing stress is important because it's a key factor leading to inflammation which is unhealthy.
Dr Wayne Scott Andersen, the creator of Habit of Health, says "stress, poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and a toxic environment contribute to a hyperactive immune system that creates a dangerous internal environment of inflammation, taking a toll on your life over time.”
Inflammation has a negative consequence for many systems in the body including your eyes, your digestion even your brain.
In addition to lowering stress there are dietary ways of reducing inflammation like:
• Eating good fats like omega-3s
• Avoiding bad fats like trans fats, saturated fats, animal fats, excess omega-6
• Avoiding overcooking and charring food
• Eating more fruits and vegetables, especially low-glycemic vegetables and
anti-oxidant rich vegetables
• Eating more fiber from whole grains
• Avoiding sugar, highly refined carbohydrates and high-fructose corn syrup
Listen to this week's Habits of Health Podcast for more ideas on how you can avoid inflammation causing agents in the world around you.
CLICK LINK BELOW