Butterball Answers Their Hot Line’s Stupidest Questions
Butterball has a hot line you can call if you're having a turkey emergency . It's 1-800-BUTTERBALL, and they've had it for over 30 years. Naturally, along with all the normal questions, they hear plenty of ridiculous ones too like these.
Butterball fields more than 10,000 calls on Thanksgiving Day to their Talk Line, and employs over 50 cooking experts to answer questions.
The average tenure of a Turkey Talk Line employee is 16 years, meaning each employee has heard every imaginable turkey distress call in the book. Here are a few are a few of the all-time DUMBEST questions they've heard over the many years of manning the Butterball Hotline:
1. "How do I roast my turkey so it gets golden brown tan lines in the shape of a bikini."
2. "How much will my turkey expand when it cooks."
3. "I won my turkey at a casino, and it thawed on my lap while I rode the bus home. Can I still eat it?"
4. "I carved my turkey with a chainsaw. Is the chain grease going to adversely affect my turkey?"
5. So I'm looking at a turkey from 1969 sitting here in my father's freezer. Any tips on the best way to cook a 30 year old turkey?
6. If I thaw my turkey in the bathtub, is it safe for my son and daughter to take a bath while I do it? (The answer to that by the way is no and no. It's not safe to thaw your turkey in hot bath water and it's not safe your you or your turkey to give everyone a bath at the same time)
To get the answers to these and other stupid questions (in case you didn't already know) check out the link below