6 Great Getaways for Christmas in Idaho
If you are looking for a little stay-cation this holiday season, you don't have to drive too far to find pure magic. Here's "6 Great Getaways" you can take this Christmas.
1. Stay Right Here! If your budget is tight, but you really need a break, stay home or rent one of the charming vacation rentals in town. (Not to mention we have great hotels.) As for what to do, visit the Idaho Botanical Garden's Winter Garden Aglow, travel out to Caldwell's Indian Creek Plaza where you'll find an ice-skating ribbon, a petting zoo, and Santa's Workshop. Plus, the Caldwell Model Railroad club hosts holiday train rides! To top your stay-cation off, visit Bogus Basin for some skiing, snowboarding, or tubing.
2. McCall: This picturesque winter wonderland invites you with skiing at Brundage Mountain, tubing at the Activity Barn, plus you can warm-up in three different area hot springs. The Light Up the Night event at Brundage lets the kiddos decorate cookies, watch the torchlight parade down the mountain, and a slope-side fireworks display!
3. Sun Valley: You may run into some Victorian carolers, ride the lifts up to Bald Mountain and Dollar Mountain, go to the Nutcracker on Ice show, and on Christmas Eve you can watch the Torch Light Parade and fireworks that welcome Santa into town.
5. Wallace: Know for their elaborate Christmas decorations, plus there's the Yuletide Lighting Festival that brings Santa in on a firetruck. They also have a Santa's Workshop for the kids and for the dog lover, the Holiday Pet Pawrade.
6. Coeur d'Alene: If you are willing to drive a little bit, Coeur d'Alene is breathtaking during the holidays. You can go cross-country skiing through the Panhandle National Forrest, or traditional skiing and snowboarding at Silver Mountain. Plus, during the Holiday Light Show see 1.5 million lights glow off the water. One of the most fun things you can do is take a holiday cruise to visit Santa at his North Pole workshop and they have a floating Christmas tree!
Thank you to tripping.com for this inspiration!