A Lot of Road Closures in Boise Starting This Week
Boise is growing so quickly which means we need to make sure we have everything working properly and that our streets are easy to maneuver through. It's like cleaning your house before company comes over. This week will impact a lot of Boise drivers.
I know it becomes frustrating trying to plan ahead for the road construction merging into one lane only to find out that you have to merge back to another or take a detour. Just remember: This won't last forever.
Our city has attracted so many amazing people, positive attention and some incredible new businesses and opportunities. With all of that, we have to adjust and change some things to allow for growth and safety.
Now that I sound like a mom calming you after a breakup, here are the closures you can expect starting on Monday, June 6th.
- Main Street between Capitol Blvd and 9th closed June 6 - June 18.
- This is part of the multimodal transit center build.
- Capitol Blvd from Front to Main will have lane restrictions overnight from June 6 - June 10.
- Utility work will be taking place during these hours.
- Capitol Blvd between Bannock and Jefferson closed June 6 - June 9
- The gutters are being replaced. Let's remain grateful for this as I think back to our rainy days.
- Five Mile Rd. between Franklin and Ustick closed through the weekend.
- There is an irrigation pipe being replaced.
After June 18th, we can resume our normal road construction projects.
There a complete list of all road projects (with start and end dates) from the ACHD. See? If we plan ahead, we won't be surprised. Just click the button.