Tips For How to Handle a Bad Sunburn
I'm pretty sure I never learn my lesson when it comes to getting sunburns because every year I get burnt. Whether I am on vacation enjoying the beach or just floating the river you can guarantee I will come home with a sunburn. You can find so many different ways to treat a sunburn online and most of them have some great ideas but after dealing with this issue there are the tips that have always worked for me.
- Apply Apple Cider or White Vinegar. It might not smell the best but it works wonders in helping to relieve the pain.
- Add moisturizer to the affected sunburn areas. If you want an added bonus put the moisturizer in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Stay hydrated. Applying lotion to the outside is only part of the recovery process. Make sure you're drinking water so your body can help internally too.
- If you're having trouble sleeping, use an air mattress. Your normal bed is more likely to trap in your body heat so grab a pump and blow up the air mattress.
- Find Aloe with lidocaine. My mother-in-law was the one that taught me this, the lidocaine helps remove the sting of the burn which is a lifesaver in these instances.
- Resist the urge to peel your flaking skin. My wife does this all the time but it can cause some pain if the skin underneath is still very sensitive.
- Don't make the same mistake again. This is my problem I never learn my lesson, it really is bad for your skin to get these bad burns so try to minimize them.