TSA Looking to Hire in Boise
Have you ever thought about working to keep people safe? Because usajobs.gov just posted about job openings to be a Transportation Security Officer (TSO) here in Boise. While this job will begin at Part-Time, everyone knows that government jobs come with great benefits in time.
The salary range is between $15.89 to $22.70 per hour, but applications are already being accepted so make sure you don't wait on an opportunity like this.
Here are the job requirements as listed on their website:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National at time of application submission
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application submission
- Pass a Drug Screening and Medical Evaluation
- Pass a background investigation including a credit and criminal check
- No default on $7,500 or more in delinquent debt (but for some bankruptcies)
- Selective Service registration required
The qualification requirements listed above must be met at the time of application submission.
Veterans' Preference: TSA will provide employment preference to eligible veterans by applying veterans' preference as defined in the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (PL 107-71) and to those eligible under the provisions of Title 5, United States Code (USC), Section 2108.
Selective Service Registration Requirement: TSA policy requires verification of Selective Service registration for male applicants born after 12/31/59.
Credit: Applicants must not have delinquent Federal or State taxes, past due child support payments, and must not have defaulted on $7,500 or more in delinquent debt (except for some bankruptcies).
E-Verify: DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States.
Applicants must meet these qualifications in order to be further evaluated in the TSO hiring process:
- Have a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential OR at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening, or as an X-ray technician
- Be proficient in the English language (i.e., able to read, write, speak, and comprehend)
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
No moving, relocation or pre-employment travel expenses will be paid for this position, or while in application for this position.