Boise is America’s Fastest Growing City
Boise and its surrounding areas is America's fastest growing city according to Forbes Magazine.
Employment and population both grew over 3% in 2017 says Forbes. Home sales grew by double digits fueled by people relocating from California and other states. The areas booming tech industry is a magnet for folks looking for affordable homes, low cost of living, and low crime rates.
Boise and the Treasure Valley will continue to grow due to the above factors. Moody's Analytics develop a years criteria for the annual list of which city is the fastest growing.
Here's how they determined how our area became America's Fastest Growing City:
- Population—using data from the U.S. Census Bureau
- Employment—using non-farm employment data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ establishment survey
- Wages—using data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Output—using real gross metro product data from BEA and BLS
- Home values—as a proxy for household wealth, using home price growth from Federal Housing Finance Agency, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
To check out the entire list of fastest growing cities click here.