What States Vaccinate the Most, and Where Does Idaho Land?
What are the states have the most vaccinated citizens? WalletHub just dove into the data.
There is a lot of controversy around vaccines but in the end they are the reason for a lot of disease not being widespread including smallpox, has even been eradicated completely, with no natural cases since 1977. I like the way these results are broke down as we are able to see each age group.
I have a friend that is anti vaccines for her kids and she has her reasoning and I support whatever she thinks is best but it's not for me. If we never vaccinated people this world would be a lot less populated and in much more turmoil because we never would have advanced as much as we have, to some that may be a good thing.
I had mentioned before they break these down by age groups:
- The state that vaccinates children the most: Massachusetts
- The state that has the most adults and elderly vaccinated: Vermont
- Immunization Uptake Disparities and Influencing Factors Rank: #1 Vermont
The opposite of that is:
- The state that vaccinates children the least: Mississippi
- The state that has the least adults and elderly vaccinated: Florida
- Immunization Uptake Disparities and Influencing Factors Rank: Last is New Mexico
Idaho ranks overall at #38 for vaccinated individuals.